What Hypnotists Want?…

by Tellman Knudson

We’re working with over 100 Hypnotists around the world to put together a brand new Hypnosis print publication – and I want to know what kind of stuff you guys want in it!

Watch this video and let me know your opinion in the comments below (it’ll be worth it, watch the video to find out why)!…

SHABAMBO!
-Tellman

If You're Unstoppable:

&

{ 55 comments… read them below or add one }

J Ross "Dock" Hester, PA=CH

I think the constituent organizations: NGH, IMDHA/IACT, HEA, do a pretty good job of creating
print documents that cover these areas. However, a format like the medical profession’s Audio Digest on CD or MP3 would be of more interest to me, personally. . Your other contributors have good suggestions, but, in a print format, I’d rather see more scholarly stuff on the scientific validation of what we do -as opposed to a bunch of anecdotes. Frankly, I have trouble envisioning anything I would be willing to pay for that I don’t already receive as part of association dues. However, you could contact the various organizations and sell them a customizable version of your product, taking advantage of their databases and saving them the expense and trouble of doing their own. Just a thought.

Liliane

Hi Tellman,
Thanks for your great will to bring us wonderful information about the hypnosis world!
You rock! I work as a dentist, and some patients that before hypnosis couln´t sit on a dentist´s chair, now come in to the office smiling and willing to get their smile better! I practice positive thinking, afformations, Tapping, etc., with them also, getting wonderful results. I think that you guys should bring us more information on eradicating the feeling of depression, as people are suffering of this ‘des-ease’ in a greater number nowdays. Depression is the worse feeling because the person can´t react, doesn´t feel like doing anything. That´s a big problem! Hypnosis to cheer up and liberate people from depression, please. Thank you!!!

Sandy

Hi Tellman,

Very creative idea! I was thinking it would be neat to have a page in the back, kind of like the page in the back of Time magazine where a reader weighs in, but in this case, where a hypnotherapist weighs in with thoughts on a certain subject. Also, how about a section called “Reminders,” for new and experienced hypnotherapists? It would have a concept or technique that might be novel to a new hypnotherapist, but a reminder to an experienced hypnotist (sort of like the “Tips” window that comes up when you boot software). Anything on how to help a client go deeper is always helpful. Also, approaches that help the client to sustain the benefits of the session afterwards.

The very best to you in this endeavor – love all the creative projects and offerings!

George

Tellman the truth is you have already created a wonderful world for many of us and I think surely that if you were to reflect back on the many online programs, with those great masters and leader in their respected fields plus the hypnosis session…all you would need to do is mirror those accomplishment and put them in books and on dvd’s…I sure we would enjoy learning and relearning from it all.

George

Sandi

I would like to know more about self-hypnosis and the new videos to watch which assist with that.

Ida

Thanks Tellman,
You have received many good suggestions already. So I will be brief:
–who is your specific target audience
–include FAQ
–Include case studies
–why does hypnosis not work for everyone
—hypnosis and brain wave technology, etc
–hypnosis and meditation
That’s all for now.
Ida

Spencer Joseph

Hi Tellman,
Nice idea.

Working as an integrative therapist at my clinic in Central London I often combine techniques from different systems including hypnotherapy, counselling, acupuncture and physical therapy.

I would be happy to contribute some ideas about an integrative approach to hypnotherapy. See my website http://www.bodytherapeutics.co.uk for some background if you’re interested.

Best Wishes
Spencer

Susan Mellinger

I believe DVD’s are more effective coupled with the written word. I’d like to see what others are doing to help their clients who lack motivation, and suffer from depression. I am trained through Erickson’s school of hypnosis and Bandler’s school of NLP. It’s an interesting mix. I am always ready to learn.
Thank you Tellman for setting this in motion.

Gema

I think we need to have study cases and what works for different issues because every hypnotist have their own ways of doing things so it is good to learn of what other people do.
Also more information on how to succeed in sales and persuasion, What marketing techniques really work, more real experiences of hypnotists about success or lack of success with certain issues because we seem to hear only about success. But in my experience it doesn’t work in the same way for every person. What to do with difficult clients. Rapid hypnosis techniques and methods for working with children or people who are very analytical and left brain. The list is endless I suppose.

emunah

I want to know more about the hypnoterapist. I can´t just lye down and trust a person. and make it short, there is sooooo much bla bla bla and too litte real things. if there is a way to stop bleeding, that would be greate. compare old teachings with new ones. information by mail works fine by me. try not to use to hard words for us from different countries. i wan´t to know where can i study to become a hypno terapist myself, and what rules are there in different countries and why. tele seminars every now and then would be nive. and more information about the background music, and who makes that kind of music? how do you set up a session? and how long time does it take for improvements? q and a´s would be nice too. good luck!

Bernie Amler

Love the idea of a newsletter as described in your video.
But why the expense of printing and mailing in this modern age of email and internet.
Why not produce a magazine/newsletter in a pdf format?

Tellman Knudson

HA! Great question Bernie.

The reason is beause we released Hypnosis Magazine for the Ipad a year ago and there weren’t enough Hypnotists with Ipads for it to get traction.

I figured that EVERY Hypnotist has a mailbox – and that nobody would run into technology problems if it was print and delivered via mail.

With the amazing response from you guys so far – I’m guessing we were right!

Great question.

SHABAMBO!
-Tellman

Bernie Amler

Sorry for being pedantic,
But I hope you have not “banned together”. Banned what?
I’m sure you meant banded together!

Tam

Tellman, brilliant idea.

Please be sure to have a “pull out” Hypno Tips section (or printable) – that would include that month’s tips and tricks. This would be a concise list of ideas/techniques/terms/references mentioned within the articles contained within that publication. EX: The Tellman Fast Induction etc.

OR

Format all articles the same way meaning at the end of every article reference any relevant techniques, modalities or special information about how or why that particular situation required a certain type of modality.

Please have info for us newbies as often as you have info for experienced hypnotists.

I expect great success for you and all the end users!

Best!
Tam I Am

Jocelyn L. H. Jensen

I’d like to see a lot of practice building articles. I can contribute in the area of using social media, and especially YouTube and other media portals to grow one’s potential client base’s awareness of your practice’s existence. I can also speak to the growing trends toward “Skypenosis” and live client sessions via videoconferencing and Instant Messaging Systems.

Joseph Macolino

I am more focused on NLP than traditional hypnosis. After years of study, I am just now starting to build my business and it is focused around offering business owners education and techniques in NLP to achieve at the highest level possible. I think the idea of having resources for how to structure a practice is great, but I think something more unique would also be to include articles on how NLP and hypnosis can be applied in more than just a therapy setting. My major goal in practicing NLP is to spread the knowledge so that it starts becoming a normal tool for business executive and other high-level achievers.

One of the obstacles I am finding early on is that many professionals have a bad impression of what hypnosis/NLP is, which leaves them disinterested in learning this. Having helpful articles on how this can be more effectively presented and applied in the business environment seems like it could be great for any practitioner. Thanks for reading.

German

Great. Thanks Tellman.
My sugestion for a publication:

1. Business
How to start ypur practice
how to get clients
how to keep clients
How to “behave” everywhere so people know you are a hypnotist
how to…. (fill your wish here)

2. Why it works?
why hypnosis works
why people do NOT fall in trance
Why go first
why you can do it
why, why, why . (Keep learning or else)

3. Stage, therapy or just a hobby?
differences between differents aspects of the same thing

4. Is money important?
How much to charge
when is good not to charge
I am too spiritual to charge
Etc… before start a business, confront yopur fear to this symbol: $

5. Dear abby…
Advices from “experts”
Advice from everyone
Advices, advices, advices

Thanks Tellman.

ali

Thank you!! I appreciate your brilliant idea to empower our lifes.
I want to read about tips amd techniques to master my mind and improve my life and my loved ones.

How to trick my subconscious to achieve what I want and make a difference in the world.

New products and resources to learn deeply
hypnotherapy

I am a doctor and would love to become a clinical hypnotherapist. I would love to cooperate.

Blessings and love,
Ali

Mic

I would be interested in see information about how hypnosis is used with biofeedback devices like the Emotiv. As well as how best to watch ones subjects to see how effective the hypnosis is being preformed. And what life changing scripts they have for the month.

Thanks

Mic

ThankGod

It is a wonderful video….I love it…Thank you so much….Tellman. You are of a million…

Chris Smith

Hi Tellamn,
Excellent idea!
I would like to hear how science actually are getting more closer to hypnosis and its possibliltys.
And also like to hear, as mentioned in previous posts about addiction and gangs,
how do we start working with kids of todays society, before the develop addictions.
What can we do and what are you guys out there doing, that you can share with the rest of us? I think that would be great to know and very useful to all of us!
Thanks
Chris

Charles

Can contribute (?)
Things about self-observation (mindfulness – trending concept these days) that a pactitioner can use to understand clients (and self) better and be a more intuitive operator in sessions.

Branden Zembower

I think a publication would be great! I’m just starting to build a professional stage career and a section on making hypnosis a career and the logistics behind it would be very beneficial to a lot of people. I also like the idea of the Q&A section. I know that there are still a lot of misconceptions (despite our efforts) about what hypnosis actually is and how it can be used, so I think the Q&A section would be good for relaying that information.

theresa

I too love the idea of so many coming together and making it available to all that are interested in Hypnosis and NLP or any other modality that helps people become better and feel better about themselves.

I would like information about how to work with people who are ADD and ADHD so they can become more organized in their life. Also, how to introduce hypnosis to the younger generation as they are the future of hypnosis. How do you peak their interest in hypnosis and are there any convincers that would be very quick and easy to do in a crowd to gain their interest and understanding and in turn want to really give hypnosis a try to help them desire incorporating hypnosis into their lives…whether they are struggling getting through a class or lacking confidence to go for what it is they want in life. Thanks.

Rick Allen

I would think an all inclusive publication would best fit the widest number of people. Basically articles on self-improvement, office/client techniques, marketing, a Q&A section, ads for quality products and tools. Stage/performance work, especially dealing with ethics. May also be nice to have current stats and information on research to use to as feedback to clients, in talks etc.

– Dr. Rick Allen, certified consulting hypnotist

Patricia Neill

Hi Tellman and all of our other healers. I love the idea of a publication. One of the things I’d like to see are the steps necessary to become a hypnotherapist. Education and legal qualifications. I would also like to see our other healers and their relationship to hypnosis. I’d like to put in events that are available to laymen as well as ya’ll. I’d like an indepth interview from all of you so that we might get to know you better. I’d like to see the history of hypnosis. I know it wasn’t always popular and still struggles today. I’d like to see case studies to include interviews with the subjects (“guinea pigs”). I’ll probably think of more later.

Nellie C

I am very new at this – just starting out as a student. So, what I’d like to see is a Q&A section, where the answer would be an actual mini hypnosis session, not just words written on a page, but an actual audio that the questioner/reader could listen to. With 100 hypnotists putting your heads together, you all might be able to come up with an actual design. Sort of like what’s available on You Tube, for example practical steps with visual demonstrations on how to replace a tire, etc.

Gail

Hi Tellman,

Thank you for including us in your new venture and asking our opinions. That’s very thoughtful.

What I’d like to see is a way of bringing people of out depression, and a way of helping people that have autism.

I would also like to help people that keep on getting taken advantage of other people, because they are too trusting, and how to stop this from happening.

I’d like to know how to get to stop the epigenetics from adding past things to our present lives and clear them once and for all, we have enough to deal with our own things.

I’d like to know how to connect to our inner selves, or our higher selves so that we can truly find our soul purpose in life, or our passion that we were sent here for. Is there a session for that?

I love the ideas of helping people with addictions to drugs and alcohol and helping them live the lives they were meant to live.

I’d love to stop the things (subconscious mind) or ego that keeps playing tricks on us and how we can just achieve the goals we’ve choosen and not keep being knocked down and feel like we are at the start again and never getting anywhere. Like being on the hamster wheel.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and work on improving the world and making it a better place.

eddie sanders

i think one of the most important things is basic client attraction. Taking a practice from just opening the doors to the point of having to train new hypnotist to assist in all the clients
Second would be the basic outline of a systematic way of dealing with most of the issues in a format that works.

ishani

Hi,
As a new hypnotist, I would like to know how to help clients who can only afford to come for one or two sessions. Also, the feedback I receive sometimes is that the effect of the hypnosis session only last for few days, and when they go back to their negative environment, they feel disempowered again and feel that the hypnosis session was only a temporary solution. I very much want to learn from the experienced hypnotherapist around the world so I hope there will be a library of videos of case histories so that new hypnotist like us can learn more, through watching real life cases and how we can improve our skills to be better and better at what we do.
thanks
ishani

Janet Jones

I worked in Probation in Alameda County, Ca. I am a retired Deputy Probation officer, One of the comments mentioned using Hypnosis for positive change for our addicts. In California there is resistance to using hypnosis in corrections. Although my background includes working with addiction issues as well as mental health, I caution people wanting to introduce techniques such as hypnosis to tread carefully when seeking to work with criminals.
I feel using hypnosis “on the sly” as the person whose wife over came cancer using hypnosis, is not quite ethical. Saying something like “would you like to experience deep relaxation to help you be relaxed and confident when going for your treatment?” would probably be sufficient in his example. Janet

Marvin Mann

title: Hypnotists Now! 2014

Rob

Derek has really hit the nail on the head regarding Addictions , Prison Induction and Rehab . Also regarding Gangs.
I would like to see Education Departments and Schools get involved to try and eradicate Bullying which is a HUGE problem .
Also the harassment of many so called ‘DIFFERENT’ personalities and Sexual
Preferences persons definitely needs to be addressed starting in early years of school and continuing right through the entire education period.
That’s all for now , more later.
GOGO Tellman .

ana

I wonder how to teach people to LOVE. The great challenge for hypnotists and everyone who cares about people would be how to make people love themselves and everyone. If everyone loves there would only be heaven in earth.

Nellie C

Right on, Ana! Love it is!!

Will Hathaway

Hi Tellman,
I think there are three areas which would make good reoccurring columns:

1. Client-Centered Hypnosis — How to ensure one’s approach is specifically tailored to the client and their goals.
2. Integrative Hypnosis — Ways in which practitioners are applying hypnosis to other disciplines (e.g., performance, education, health, finances, relationships, etc.).
3. Conversational Hypnosis Techniques — Always seems to be a topic of perennial interest within the hypnosis community.

Best,
Will

Jason

Hey Tellman

There’s a ton of things I’d love to see. Everything from scripts, to guidelines on how to develop your own scripts for a given topic, to rapid induction techniques.

Advice on how to navigate your way through the miasma of all the different organizations to find the right one for you and how to avoid all the political BS that goes along with it.

I also think it would be cool to see some stuff on stage hypnosis (I’m sure you’ll do that anyway) as well as push it out a little further with a look into illusionism (I know it’s not strictly hypnosis) and also to see some really cool stuff on mentalism and even microexpressions and how to use those in a clinical setting maybe.

Derek

Firstly, I would like to see 100 hypnotists put their heads together on overcoming Drug Addiction – particularly heroin addiction – which is about as close as one can get to an incurable brain disease – and also Crystal Meth – which also causes serious mental problems. People everywhere need serious research and input on this topic which is causing havoc in many parts of world. This type of focused effort is long overdue.

Secondly, could hypnotists – working with NLP practitioners please design a state-of-the-art program for prisons – for awaiting trial prisoners and those serving longer sentences so they come out of jail as well-motivated, success-orientated individuals with a strong sense of self-worth and confidence. What is the point of locking people up if they spend years sitting around staring at a bunch of low-lifes that are no better than their own unrehabilitated selves ?

Thirdly, we need 100 hypnotists to create a program for overcoming gangsterism – a cleverly orchestrated campaign to win over gang leaders – and re-program their thinking with a view to pulling the rug from underneath the entire gang culture. This is another critical area of concern in many parts of the world – but research would need to focus on particular countries – and even history, lingo, etc.

So, dear 100 hypnotists – please put your brilliant heads together – and you may even save my poor country, South Africa, from self-destructing.

Steve Thomas

I find resistance from people assuming hypnosis is another worthless new-age fad. I’d be interested to hear what techniques and angles others use to demonstrate the power of hypnosis to do good, without giving too much time away for free.

As I assess each client’s needs and modality individually I don’t want to waste effort needlessly!

Kevin Martin

I would like to see several things:
1) Articles about studies or breakthroughs in science that validate the concepts of hypnosis. IE the recent article about how memories are passed down through DNA.
2) Validated success stories. Hypnotist get juiced on stories of success. It helps validate and affirm our belief in what we do.
3) Practical and usable, step by step techniques and/or scripts that a hypnotist could use on their next client.
4) News on what might be coming as far as laws and legislation regarding hypnotists
5) Ideas and outlets that we as hypnotists could use to spread the word about hypnosis to the general community
Idea for title “Hypnosis Around the World”

finley

I got in to hypnosis for my other half she came down with cancer last year and the pain from radiation was just to much.so I got her to in circle the cancer and easy the pain as it left her body she took to it quit well now cancer free for one year.so some really good pain management patter for people. while she was in treatment I was in the waiting room talking to other people . I got real good at getting them in a trance before there treatment
to diminish the pain before thay went in .I don’t charge most the time thay don’t know I doing it. thanks for the lessons and shareing your knowledge

Brigitte

I would love to learn hypnosis to manifest and metaphysically be more aware

Ryan

I would like to see experts post their basic protocols (how many sessions) for specific issues like IBS, pain, depression etc.

I would also like a section that has an interview with a different expert each month to discuss their views on effective hypnotherapy.

I would also like to see a section devoted to new research studies.

Tom Reininger

Maybe some good ways to eliminate negative/limiting thoughts/beliefs. Also, some on Fears–Success/Failure. Having fewer ‘brain farts’. I just had one trying to remember what I was going to say.:-))

Ramie

I would like to see more imagination used for scripts for the endless topics that people
are having challenges with. I created a session using a guided theme to take them
to their inner temple to forgive themselves and others, look forward to their future
and live in the NOW, the background is Tibetan Bowls and Tuning Forks to get
them into trance. I would love to create a series of loving yourself and living in the NOW!
Thanks,
ramie

Tellman Knudson

Brilliant Ramie!

The session you created with the Tibetan Bowls and Tuning Forks sounds incredible!

Do you have a recording posted somewhere online?

SHABAMBO!
-Tellman

Marion Lynn Connell

As a Personal Health and Wellness Consultant and Life Coach i would be willing to contribute anything in my field of expertise should be desired. I am a retiref RN, who has worked in several areas of healthcare including emergency, operating room, psychiatry, and corrections. My interest in hypnosis was basically for me to learn TO be a great business person. Although , Tellman, I’ve been following ypu for about 4years now ,.

Andrew

I would love to see some in depth articles about rapid inductions, age regression, startup and management of a hypnosis practice, building a business network, marketing and so many other topics. Fantastic ideal Tellman! Best of luck with this project!

Jonathan Royle aka Alex Smith

Hi Tellman,

I’d be happy to write a chapter and contribute if you want?

Cheers

Jonathan

Erica brown

I echo the comments of Dave and Monique. Links to particular ‘schools’ spoken about for CPD, and also to access specific tools / software.

Dave

I’d like to see how people are combining different types of therapy with hypnosis, – NLP obviously for one. I know some are using cognitive & some psych-k. Some feedback on the effectiveness of each, without embellishment of the facts.

Tellman Knudson

Awesome feedback Dave! Thanks for your thoughts.

Do you have an active practice?

SHABAMBO!
-Tellman

Rory

Awesome! I’m really excited and looking forward to seeing this come out.

I’d love to see stuff about how you started your hypnosis practice many, many years ago when you had 6 different offices. I know it’s important to scale and build. You talk about leveraging your time and raising that price ceiling…and that’s great. But I think it would be helpful to learn more of the in-the-trenches practice building stuff that worked really for you.

Tellman Knudson

Rory – GREAT thoughts!

I absolutely LOVE the mini-practice model. Thanks for mentioning it!

SHABAMBO!
-Tellman

Monique

I would be interested to learn more induction techniques, the best types of music to use while hypnotizing a client, the best tools to use when creating a hypnosis cd, more online resources to increase and practice skills, a place online to interact with hypnotherapists of all levels from different schools.

As a new hypnotherapist I would like to know if there is something I can contribute to this publication from my perspective.